Tuesday 20 February 2018

Quick Tip - Refresh Computer Security Group Membership Without Restarting

Created a new group policy but it's not applying? Can't restart the computer? This little tip will allow you update security group membership and apply your new GPO without the need to restart.

Above: The GPO I want to apply highlighted
I've just added the computer to the required security group to apply the group policy, but the computer doesn't yet realize it's a member of this security group.

output of gpresult /r showing computer security groups

I now run the command below:

klist -lh 0 -li 0x3e7 purge

Then run a gpupdate /force




This time when I run the gpupdate /r I can see that the policy has now applied and security group membership has been updated.



If you found this useful, as always please leave a comment or +1. Thanks 

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment